Tuesday, October 10, 2017

I will have one prayer though, a little prayer to my Devi Ma (community deity) to let my next birth not be as nomad....

Her only crime is that she is a Devipujak Women!!!
I am a Devipujak


I have spent my entire life working as manual labour or scavenging the trash for junk. The energy and zeal during my youth allowed me to wo
rk harder and dream bigger. But, the realities of the condition I live in haven’t changed much over the decades. Don’t I, look like sixty? Yet, I can’t access widow pension or pension for the elderly.  Why? Because, I don’t have enough proofs to prove my identity. Tell me, how do I obtain those proofs? Look at where I stay, this is government wasteland, for everyone else we have encroached upon government land so any day any one can ask us to move out. We have no choice but to keep roaming with our bundled belonging. This is how I have lived my entire life. Earlier I also had to care for my children and  had  be bundle them along!


These days, if I am feeling good I go out to beg for food, if I can’t walk that distance I just wait for some Samaritan to come and give me some food!! Or else spend the day just like that!!

Even the bigger and better dreams of the yore were never about a bungalow or luxury I just wanted a decent roof to protect myself and my children against the harshness of natural elements. Look at me my frail body now… unfortunately, there are no dreams now, not even frail ones!! I am eagerly waiting for the eventual and inevitable… want to
go away soon!!

I will have one prayer though, a little prayer to my Devi Ma (community deity) to let my next birth not be as nomad....

હું દેવીપૂજક

#ભંગાર વીણવાનું ને જે મળે તે મજુરી આખી જિંદગી કરી. જુવાનીમાં કામેય ખુબ કર્યું ને સપનાંય મોટા જાય પણ ઘર ના થઈ શક્યું. દેખાવથી 60 થ્યાનું તો જણાય છે ને? તોય વૃદ્ધ પેન્શન કે વિધવા સહાય અમને ના જડે. પુરાવાની #રામાયણમાં જ તો!

જુઓન ઘર કેવું? ક્યાંથી બધુ ભેગું કરવું? #સરકારી ખરાબામાં, ના ના બધાની ભાષામાં અમે દબાણમાં રહીએ એટલે ગમે ત્યારે આવીને કાઢી મુકે તે આખી જીંદગી લબાચો ને ભેગા છોકરાં હાથે રખડતી રહી. 
હાલ તો તબીયત હારી હોય તો માંગવા જવું બાકી કોક ખવારી જાય તો ખાવું બાકી રામે રામ...
#બંગલાનું #સ્વપ્ન નહોતું પણ ટાઢ, તડકો ને #વરસાદ રોકાય એવું છાપરુ જ માંગ્યું તુ ને પણ એ ના મળ્યું.. હવે સપનાંય નથી આવતા ને દેહ પણ જુઓ મુઠ્ઠીમાં સમાય એવડો થઈ ગ્યો. હવે ઝટ અહીંથી છુટકારો થાય તો રામે રામ...

આવતો જનમ #વિચરતી જાતિમાં ના આલતો એવી દેવીને પુજનારી #દેવીપૂજક ‘મા’ ની પ્રાર્થના..

#DreamOfHouse #Dream #MittalPatel #VSSM #NomadicTribes #DenotifiedTribes #WasteLand #ConditionOfNomads #Devipoojak #NomadsOfIndia #HumanRights

No comments:

Post a Comment