Friday, May 29, 2015

Antyoday and BPL Ration Cards for Nomadic Tribes of Gujarat

I have no worries now that the organisation is standing besides me!!!!

Mittal Patel of VSSM giving Antyoday and BPL Ration Cards to Nomadic Tribes
Mittal Patel of VSSM giving Antyoday and BPL Ration Cards
to Nomadic Tribes
On 5th May 2015 I happen to visit a settlement in Diyodar. 48 families from here had recently been allotted Antyoday and BPL Ration Cards for Nomadic Tribes of Gujarat. I also had an opportunity to distribute the newly allotted cards. A conversation with one of the recipients  from Bharthari Community Devabhai Bharthari remained in my thoughts. He was all happy and cheery on receiving the ration card. Access to many of the government welfare schemes would be much easy now. “I had spend Rs. 1000 to get this card and still couldn’t get it, but the Vicharta Samuday Samarthan Manch -VSSM and Naranbhai (VSSM team member)  made it possible. I lost my young son Dinesh to cancer, I was left absolutely helpless but the organisation stood by me. I had lost the courage to take care of Dinesh’s young widow Narmada  and their 6 month old daughter.  Naranbhai worked hard to ensure that Narmada starts receiving widow pension. She atleast has some regular income. Now that we have our names in BPL list and an Antyoday card my worries will decrease considerably. I am trying to convince Narmada to remarry and start life afresh but she isn’t ready to do so, she is like a daughter to me now and I have to take care of her. I work errands and  earn a little. Had we met earlier (with the organisation) my son wouldn’t have had succumbed to cancer. God’s wish!!” some heart churning account by Devabhai, listening to which gave a sense of comfort that our efforts are such a help to families like Devabhai’s. 

Me handing over the ration card to Devabhai….the efforts that made this possible were of Naran..

vssm મારી પડખે ઉભી છે મને હવે કોઈ ચિંતા નથી..
તા.૫ મે ૨૦૧૫ના રોજ દિયોદરમાં વિચરતા પરિવારોની વસાહતમાં જવાનું થયું. ૪૮ પરિવારોને અંત્યોદય અને BPL રેશનકાર્ડ મળ્યાં હતાં એનું વિતરણ પણ કર્યું. જેમને કાર્ડ મળ્યાં હતાં એમાં દેવાભાઈ ભરથરી પણ હતાં. કાર્ડ મળવાથી એ ખુબ ખુશ હતાં. તેમણે પોતાની વાત કરતાં કહ્યું, ‘ રેશનકાર્ડ મેળવવા રૂ.૧,૦૦૦ ખર્ચી નાખ્યા છતાં કાર્ડ મળતું નહોતું. સંસ્થા અને નારણભાઈ(vssmના કાર્યકર)ના હોય તો અમને આ કાર્ડ મળે જ નહિ.. મારો જુવાન દીકરો દિનેશ કેન્સરની બિમારીમાં મરી ગયો. હું નોંધારો થઇ ગયો પણ સંસ્થા મારી પડખે ઉભી રહી. દિનેશની વહુ નર્મદા અને એની ૬ મહિનાની દીકરીની જવાબદારી મારા માથે આવી. હિમ્મત હારી ગયો હતો પણ નારણભાઈએ મારી વહુનું પેન્શન બાંધી આપવામાં મદદ કરી. હવે અંત્યોદય કાર્ડ અપાવ્યું અને મારું નામ પણ BPL યાદીમાં દાખલ થયું. હવે બહુ ચિંતા નથી. નર્મદાને બીજું ઘર કરવા સમજાવું છું પણ એને બીજે જવું નથી એટલે એને દીકરીની જેમ સાચવું છું. નાનું મોટું કામ પણ કરુ છું એમાંથી પણ આવક થાય છે. સંસ્થા અમને મોડી મળી વહેલાં મળી હોત તો કદાચ દિનેશ આજે જીવતો હોત.. પણ ભગવાનને જે ગમ્યું તે ખરું..’

દેવાભાઈના મોઢેથી આ વાત સાંભળીને નિરાંત અનુભવાય છે.. કોઈ પણ વંચિત પરિવારને આપણા કાર્યથી આનંદ થાય એનાથી વિશેષ સંતોષની વાત એકેય નથી હોતી... 
દેવાભાઈને કાર્ડ આપવામાં સરકાર અને નારણ થકી મારે નિમિત બનવાનું થયું...

No comments:

Post a Comment